Geotab Inventory Update 2/12/21
Modified on: Mon, 4 Oct, 2021 at 10:23 PM
An important update regarding inventory and order planning
To our valued Resellers,
As we continue to navigate the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Geotab is taking every step possible to ensure that our customers, and their fleets, are minimally impacted. Today, manufacturers around the world who produce products ranging from cellular modems to vehicles, are reporting a reduction in their manufacturing capacity. As a direct impact of the ‘new’ virtual economy, there is a surge in demand for semiconductor components across the globe.
While Geotab is still in a healthy position to produce planned inventory for Q1 and Q2 sales, we are taking proactive steps to manage 12-month forecasted needs by reviewing monthly stock for deployments and restricting the carrying of shelf stock.
The following changes will come into effect immediately:
- All new orders placed for GO9 or GR9 devices will be subject to acceptance. Before we accept an order, we may request additional detail such as an installation or deployment schedule.
- To plan effectively, orders of over 200 GO devices to a single location should follow an accompanying ‘build/planning’ schedule that targets 30 days from order to installation in the vehicle. If you have a build/planning schedule that includes an OEM or upfitter, please include it.
- The lead time for shipping will move from 14 days to 30 days. Please ensure you coordinate your installers carefully based on the shipment notifications you receive from Geotab’s shipping department.
- All orders accepted will activate monthly billing on the earlier of the installation date or 30 days after shipment.
- USA only: We appreciate the planning and execution of upgrading 3G devices that will be sunsetting is a priority (T-Mobile 3G December 2021, AT&T 3G February 2022, Verizon CDMA December 2022). For large installations of more than 500 vehicles, we will carefully coordinate a planning installation schedule with you. For customers with less than 500 vehicles, we will continue to work closely together as we defer 3G upgrades to Q3 and Q4.
- Forecasting a 12-month rolling forecast is very important for all Resellers and all SKUs, IOXs and wire harnesses. Please confirm your 12-month rolling forecast with your Partner Account Manager, as well as opportunities in development including all IOXs, harnesses and GO device SKUs that are not included in current run rates, but that you expect to close and ship in the next 12 months.
Our entire Partner Success team is aligned with your goals to grow new customers, to switch customers from a competitor to the Geotab platform and to retain your current subscriptions. If you have any questions about any of the above changes, please contact your Geotab Partner Account Manager. We thank you for your continued support and your commitment to being a trusted, valued partner of Geotab — we look forward to continuing our work together throughout this year and well into the future.
Geotab Inc | 2440 Winston Park Drive | Oakville | Ontario | L6H 7V2 | CA
Copyright © 2021 All rights reserved.
Geotab and the Geotab logo are trademarks of Geotab Inc.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.