User groups and permissions enables a company to define what permission a user has. User permissions can be set for every tab within the platform and admins can define is the user/user group has the ability to view the tab and/or edit the tab.
How to Define User Group for A User
- Go to Setup > Admin > Users
- Click On the User and Click Edit
- Update Group for user depending upon the permission set
How to Define User Groups
- Go to Setup > Admin > User Groups
- Click Edit
- On the left hand size, all of the tabs within the software are shown
- On the Top header, all of the user groups are shown
- Select a user group that you want to modify and check or uncheck if you want to turn on or off this permission.
- Click Save once all changes have been made