Setting Geotab HOS Rule Sets and Driver Exceptions
Modified on: Fri, 23 Sep, 2022 at 1:04 PM
Configuring Driver HOS rule sets and guidelines are done in Transportation and NOT in Geotab.
- Within Transportation, click on Setup > Driver/Contractor > Driver Tabs, and select either New (to create a new driver) or Edit (to update a current driver's HOS information)
- Scroll down to Geotab Info to create the driver user name and password that will be used by the driver to log into Geotab Drive.
- Select from the drop down the applicable rule set for each driver and select any of the exceptions that would apply. NOTE: Ensure the correct trucks and trailers for each driver are selected
- Click Save once complete and the data will push over into Geotab
- After logging into the Geotab portal, click the email at the top right-hand side of the screen, and click Options.
- Scroll down to add the driver's License Plate Number and License State/Province to ensure logs are within compliance.
- Driver will now be able to log into Geotab drive and and select their truck and trailer to start their shift.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.