Pairing Tablets to a Printer
Start by getting the printer that will be paired to the tablet.
- Label the printer to match the tablet label. This will ensure tablets stay with the same printer.
- Printer comes with Bluetooth turned off and Printer not set to Classic setting. You will need to turn both on.
- Setting Printer to Classic & Turn Bluetooth to On ||LED Menu Screen on Brother RJ-4230B |||Bluetooth is set as “OFF” by default. To turn it on: |Press the middle Menu button |Select “Bluetooth” by pressing the rightmost OK button |Use the middle Menu button to select the choice “ON/OFF” by pressing the rightmost OK button |Choose “ON” with the rightmost OK button again. |Press the leftmost U-turn button to get out of the menu options. |--When Bluetooth is turned on, you will see the Bluetooth symbol appear on the top right of the screen of the printer. |Mode needs to be set to CLASSIC. |Press the Middle Menu Button |Select “Bluetooth” by pressing the rightmost OK button. |Select “Mode” by pressing Menu button to go down one option. Press OK button. |Select “Classic” by pressing Menu button to go down one option. Press OK button. |Press the leftmost U-turn button to get out of the menu options. |||||Printers come with a battery slip that blocks the battery from registering with the printer so they can ship it installed. Take the battery out of the bottom of the printer and remove this slip of paper before installing.
- Turn over the printer and find the Serial Number. Remember the last four digits of the serial# as shown below. You will use this number to help you identify the printer your tablet is pairing to.
- Take the tablet you will pair to the printer and follow the steps below.
Select the Transportation icon and open.
Bypass the Driver Login and Select the Superman Icon in the upper right-hand corner.
This will open the Support Setting screen
Select Bluetooth Settings
IMPORTANT: Ensure the printer you are pairing is turned on and has enough battery life to pair to the tablet.
Select Scan to find the printer.
Remember the last four digits of the serial# from the back of the printer.
Under Available Devices
Select the correct printer from the serial# and the model number
Box will open up to ensure you are pairing to the correct printer.
Arrow drop downs allow you to select the correct Brand and Model
Example of when Brand Box is open
Pairing Box will open.
Printer will acknowledge the pair.
You do not have to accept anything on the printer.